Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Budapest

Hello all....it has been a while I know. Sorry, but I just got internet at my apartment so I can be fully communicative now days.

Anyways, so a few weeks back I hopped on a train to Budapest, Hungary from Kiev, Ukraine.  It was such a long trip.

FOOD FOR THOUGHT:  At the border in between Hungary and Ukraine, they have to change the wheels of the train.  I don't know every little detail but its because they have different types of rail tracks dating all the way back from the Soviet times.  Something like the Soviet Union didn't want any surprise attacks by train from the west so they had totally different tracks...  Interesting huh....

Anyways here are some pictures of my trip.

















The Music School near our hostel











The royal family's crest

The Danube and Chain Bridge





Actual bullet holes from when they were attacked during World War II

The university...infamous for the 1956 Revolution

The church

See something shiny?

Parliament on the D



It was a great trip, and very refreshing to leave the site a little while.  It was a great experience and definitely going back for round 2 next year.  This time I definitely want to do the turkish baths!!

No comments:

Post a Comment