Sunday, October 3, 2010

Week 2

Its about the ending of week 2 here in Ukraine.  Its starting to get cold.  I'm doing well though.  Its still difficult to communicate to the whole world except the other PCVs.  I'm currently in the city of Chernihiv, northern Ukraine.  We are in McDonalds hitting up the WiFi.  Its been quite an interesting experience.  Getting a lot more busy, but I'm glad that I have some people that I can just laugh it off with.  The Ukrainian culture has been quite hospitable, and I only wish I can retaliate with help, and gratitude.  The only thing wearing on me is that I can't communicate effectively like I could in the states.  I feel that once I get get my language in check, I'll get my personality back as well.
Our cluster will begin English teaching tomorrow.  This is our first lesson, so it'll be fun, and we'll see how much we need to improve.  Hahaha....
One thing I'm definitely keeping in mind these days, with the challenges I face, is that you have to revel in the small accomplishments.  I just keep telling myself that I'm not doing to learn Russian in two weeks...I've still got a lot more to go, but be happy that I can at least understand more than I did last week.  I'm starting to understand some of the things my host family is saying to me, and I'm sure they are happy that I understand that.

Untill next time....Dos Vidaniya!

3 comments:

  1. we miss you already!
    i'm going to follow your blog so you better post frequently! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sneat!! You don't need personality, coz you've got moves... :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. Chy, I was just thinking about that the other day because I started dancing in my room.

    Christy - Yeah I'm sure I'm missed. You guys are missed as well. I'll be updating quite frequently. I have access to internet regularly here.

    ReplyDelete